Author Topic: ABS & brake light on  (Read 2390 times)

Offline yellowcat

ABS & brake light on
« on: December 10, 2016, 11:17:13 AM »
I was driving this morning. It was slippery and I applied the brake, the ABS was working but then both the ABS & brake light came on. I drove the car for about 20 minutes the braking was normal but both the light were still on. I then parked my car and turn off the engine restarted the car, both lights came back on. The brake light went off in about a minute but the ABS light was still on. I drove the car for about three minutes and the ABS light went off. My brake has 70% left, brake fluid and  battery are fine. Is there something wrong with the ABS sensor? The ABS was working fine the past few days without any problem. Is there a problem with the ABS system?
Thanks for your help!

Offline encee

Re: ABS & brake light on
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 09:50:35 PM »
If you've checked your brakes and brake fluid, best way to verify the problem is to scan it. That will tell you if your sensors are faulty or not.

Offline zoomerboomer

• Premium Member
  • I married my Mazda3
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 10:02:59 AM »
Were you driving in slushy snow?  It gets in on top of the wheel sensors on your steering knuckle.  Wash it out of there with some warm water.  I don't think there is anything wrong with your braking system.  Welcome to my winter world here in west-central Alberta.   :P
'06 25D, 3S GT w/LP, A/T, Mrf, A/C, remote start, Fiamm LT horn, Hidden Hitch, step plate, BCMazda3 decals, iPod integration, S:18" MSpeed Rays, Kuhmo Ecsta 4XII 225/40, W:17" stock rims, Hankook Icebear 300, VG shark fin, Weathertech front mats, Autolismo: dash camera, Mz3 pedals, LEDs & 4300K HIDs; painted calipers w/decals, Mazda JDM visors, Matsu strut bar, LED CHMSL thx Tim25, modified exhaust tip, Dale's installed Whiteline camber bushings, cargo tray. And now a '14 25D 3S GT w/Tech Pkg.

Offline zoomerboomer

• Premium Member
  • I married my Mazda3
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 05:22:32 PM »
This afternoon after posting this morning our 3 did exactly the same thing.  I spun a bit after stopping at a stop sign  I drove further and used the brakes several time and then the brake light went off and a minute or two later the ABS light went off too.   :P
'06 25D, 3S GT w/LP, A/T, Mrf, A/C, remote start, Fiamm LT horn, Hidden Hitch, step plate, BCMazda3 decals, iPod integration, S:18" MSpeed Rays, Kuhmo Ecsta 4XII 225/40, W:17" stock rims, Hankook Icebear 300, VG shark fin, Weathertech front mats, Autolismo: dash camera, Mz3 pedals, LEDs & 4300K HIDs; painted calipers w/decals, Mazda JDM visors, Matsu strut bar, LED CHMSL thx Tim25, modified exhaust tip, Dale's installed Whiteline camber bushings, cargo tray. And now a '14 25D 3S GT w/Tech Pkg.